Thursday, 20 November 2008

Weigh in today, I have only lost 1lb. Well I shouldn't say only as I am happy as it is a loss after all I just thought that as I am only going into my third week being banded maybe I should have lost more,a bit of pressure there to keep up with others. I actually feel great about my loss and to think I haven't had to starve myself half to death to lose a whole pound! This is not a quick fix to lose weight, it's a permanent fixture so slow but sure is ok with me. I am not worrying about having to lose 'x' amount of weight by 'x' day, let it just happen is what I say.

I love my Band xx

We are now on mushie.... Yipeeeeeeeee.... Sheppard pie OMG!!! yum yum! as you can see my love of food has not been lost, I still have to learn to curb it tho! Eyes bigger than my belly.... literally lol I am still not able to judge the amount but that will come with time. The great thing is that when I am full I sure know about it and that's it I stop eating.

I do have to share with you tho... I am constipated, I know I am not drinking enough fluid, and I have to say I am a bit scared to try to open my bowels as I am straining and I can feel it on my stomach and worried I am going to disrupt my band. I will drink some green tea tonight and hopefully that will sort me out but I don't want to have to take something everyday just to make me go to the loo. Although I am on mushie now so I will be able to eat plenty of veg, rather than just soup.

It was Machela's birthday on Tuesday she is now 13. on Wednesday my two older girls went to London on a school trip to watch two shows, Grease and Hairspray and to stay over the night in a London hotel, they will also have a guided tour around London, I wish I was able to go I would absolutely love it!!! they are due home tonight, and also today is my eldest daughters birthday (Aurora) she is now 14. I am pleased they went on a trip other wise it would have been three days of celebrating and there would have been food all over the place, chocolate, sausage rolls, sandwiches all sorts, and none of it I can have, so it was a bit of a blessing, there will be birthday cake later tonight but I can handle that.

I am really missing gum too, I used to chew it everyday, I have to do alot of talking at work and it helped to stop that dry mouth feeling also helped with the coffee breath when you can't get to your toothbrush. I understand why we can't have it and it is such a small thing to give up in the grand scheme of things but I do miss it. Well I think we can't have it because if we swallow it, we will not be able to digest it and it will block up the tiny hole in the stomach or chewing activates the enzymes (stomach juices) and encourages digestion. or maybe both reasons. ummmm No actually I am not sure!! Does anyone know? am I right? all I do know is that I miss it!.

My war wounds are healing very nicely, I have one tiny one you can hardly see it and the others seem to be getting smaller and the scabs are falling off on their own accord. My large scar is my favorite, and I can now feel the port under the scar which is a bit weired, My sticky out stitch is STILL there, PLING PLING ♪♫♪♫ I keep having a little tug on it now and then to see if there is any movement....but still nothing.

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Zena, woohoo, 1lb, you are heading in the right direction my friend.

Try benefibre for the bowels. Works a treat and is totally tasteless. Just put it in a glass of water and then next day [or 12 hours later] nice and soft stools.

Re the gum. I have never heard that before and i have read a lot of books, blogs and online website forums. Did your doctor actually tell you this, or did you read/hear it somewhere?

Good luck, I will be reading,

Tracey

Anonymous said...

Well done!!!...woohooo....go read what you bloody well told me when I whinged about only losing a little bit!!!....lol.....we just want it all straight away don't we!!?? That is a lot of weight and I am betting pre band it would have taken you a lot longer to lose that much!! I can't see how chewing gum would affect anything?? I would look into that a bit further if I was you....sounds silly really. Let us know if you find out the answer though!! I think you might find that the bowel department sorts itself out now you have moved onto mushies. Each time I have changed food consistency or variety my bowels take on a new lease of life!!!

oozyxena said...

Hiya Gal's.

The Gum thing is writen in the info I was sent home from surgery with! but I am going to ask when I go for my x-ray on the 13th. If you both have not heard of it and I must admit I have not seen it writen anywhere else then it might not be true. Oh I hope not... I luv's me gum!!!

You are so right Nola (as usual...it's getting boring now) LMAO it would have taken me ages to lose 1 stone 1lb . 1lb is great and I am not at all dissapointed, I would be if I had put on 1lb.
Thanks

Zenaxx

Dawn said...

Hi Zena,

1 lb is great... read your book again. It says that during this 'healing' period you are not expected to loose weight and in fact some people gain, until they have their first fill. Which ain't long for you and me!

I'm not a chewing gum person so not having it hasn't affected me, but as I have the same book as you I read that it is a life time ban. Looking forward to reading your answer about why we shouldn't chew it.

NOW from 'nurse Dawn' - bowels!
I used to work in care and worked very closely with people with profound learning difficulties. We had to monitor bowel movements as you can tell a lot from a stool! My advise would be - if you haven't had a movement for 3 days - seek medical advice (usually an enema!) In the mean time try and drink at least 2 litres of water every day (we loose 1/2 a litre in bed throughout the night! don't you know.) Try increasing your exercising as the walking motion stimulates/massages your lower intestine. There is a yoga exercise that you can do that also massages your intestine (you should find it on the net) AND finally try a gental laxitive like latculose. But try the other ways first as doing it naturally is always better for your body.

oh! And also remember that you ain't eating as much as before, this is why you need to increase your daily water intake as your body can't take enough of it from the food your having, cos that's decreased.

Anyway enough from 'nurse Dawn' she rants too much

take care

Happy pooing! LOL

Dawn
:o)
xx

oozyxena said...

LMAO, Thanks nurse Dawn,
I am happy to report I have had some 'happy pooing' moments lol.
I am not nor have ever been the best at drinking fluids!! I find it so difficult to get my two liters or more a day down, I am just one of those people that just don't seem to drink much at all.Before I know it , it's 11pm and I think to myself I need a drink but I know if I drink that time of night I will be up peeing every 5 mins, so I give it a miss as I want to have a good nights kip! and now we are not supposed to drink for an hour after eating, Jus makes it a big pain. LOL, didn't know I could mumble on so much about drinking or the lack off. Sorry.... WAKE UP NOW!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Zena,

I wasn't told anything about chewing gum....
Glad to read you are taking the sensible approach to the weight loss. Kudos to you!