Tuesday, 25 November 2008

I have not weighed yet that will be Thursday, although I am not hopeful that I have actually lost any weight at all, my appetite is quite alot, That's how I know I must be all healing inside, the swelling must have gone down and now I can't wait for my first fill (13Th DEC). Alas I must not be so impatient as I keep telling my husband. We are in the midst of getting a new car and waiting for the finance company to get in touch is like watching paint dry....they take so bloody long, then I have to sort out insurance and then I have to go to peterborough just to tax it! and my husband is near chewing the carpet as they are quote 'Taking too f****** long, why is it always me...Blah Blah Blah..' he is so impatient , thank God i can turn a 'deaf un' or I wouldn't put up with HIM !!! he thinks everyone should just see the Harford name and know it's for him and they should drop every other job they are doing and concentrate on him him him and nothing else, Now what gets me annoyed is if they say they will ring you back and they DON'T, or they do ring back just at that moment you have decided to pop to the loo.

I am also very happy to report that my bowel movements have returned to normal, thankfully, as straining the other day did make me a little worried as I could feel it inside around where my band is. There is still nothing to report about my sticky out stitch (pling ♪♫♪♫) I am however wondering how they are going to remove it? has anyone else had a stitch sticking out????

I got a little too excited with the cheese grater last night when making my dinner, I think I was just so excited to be having cheese I have very much missed it, that I took a chunk out of my finger and it is quite sore now, there was blood gushing every where and it is at least down to the bone... I think I need a skin graft!. OK OK so I exaggerate, there was hardly any blood and I don't need a skin graft, a plaster will do!!!! but it is sore. That damn cheese grater is a bloody death trap. I have to do something like this every now and then just to remind my husband that he really is the best at doing some stuff, like grating cheese...putting out the bins... (I may trip over the uneven slab)and using screw drivers...(I always 'accidentally' damage the things around the screw when the screw driver slips of) tee hee hee. I guess I am just a traditional gal at heart.

I don't know what to have for dinner tonight. Yes I need a fill, I am back to my old ways already, thinking of my meals in advance, I didn't do that after surgery as I felt full, but now grrrr I need to eat. I HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING MYSELF, LITTLE AND OFTEN.

Thanks Fluffy, It's good to know, For warned is for armed and all that.

Please remember to use the links to the right of the page to other's blogs, I find it so helpful. And I love keeping up to date with what my new friends are up to. I have found their advice invaluable, Thanks to all of you....Sniff sniff,

Zenaxx

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Zena,

good luck on the car, I know what that feels like, we went through similar in the summer. It was hell for a while. I think I'm more impatient than Steve... he can be so calm at times it's really annoying. I guess he has to be...being a copper!

Glad your bowels are working! I'm still struggling with my diet, I'm still not hungry and the most I've managed to eat is a round 900 kcals... some days only managing 600! You'll come right...just remember that sometimes when you feel hungry it could also be your body telling you that you are thirsty. Drink some water before you eat, if after 30 mins you still feel hungry then you probably are. But you need to wait for at least 30 mins before eating and not drink anything for an hour after eating.

take care of that finger of yours

Dawn
;o)
xx

Anonymous said...

My God!! are you sure you are OK??? Maybe you should get it checked by a doctor just the same? I don't want to panic you but there is a risk of infection!!!! Oh well, guess the bandaid will have to do for now:) Ditto to what Dawn said about being hungry. Not easy I know....but it really is still a "head" hunger....bloody brains!!

Unknown said...

Hey Zena- I had a stitch sticking out too. No need to worry- they are disolvable ones right? Mine just worked itself out.
Don't stress too much. After surgery when you have mostly healed you'll feel like nothing has changed. ITS OK!! It might take awhile to get some sort of restriction. Just do the best you can to change your habits!

Tina :o) said...

Such wise words already said... Hang in there and you will be fine. Like Bridget said just do the best you can.
Also do you think your finger is ok now or will it need to be amputated. lol :OP hee hee.
I hope you sister is well too.
Take care
Tina

LapBandGirl said...

What everyone else said... I had a stitch sticking out, mine came out eventually, but don't pull at it too much, it will come out when it's ready to! :)
I think that the time before your first fill is the hardest, because you're hungry and have no restriction.. but baby, once you get that first fill... the fun truely begins!!!