Friday, 7 November 2008

WE ARE ALIVE!!!!!

Well Hello There, I'm Back!!!

The opp went very well for us both, although my sister has the shoulder pain and is being sick every time she gets up! poor thing, I feel so guilty as I have hardly any pain, I just feel like I have gone ten rounds in a boxing ring and been punched in the stomach a few times, but other than that I am very well, I keep nodding of to sleep which is better than not being able to sleep.

We arrived just after 7am, Had to give some blood, then we had to go and have a little chat with the anesthetist, it was the same questions over and over again which is good I suppose to make sure they have the right person, I wouldn't like to wake up and find I have acquired a penis..or had a nose job LOL.

We were then shown through to the ward, we had a double room which was great to be together, our opps were scheduled for 12.00 (me) and 1pm for my sis. The surgeon came round and asked us the questions AGAIN... he is a lovely man. We shook hands and off he went.

Surgery was running late and I didn't go down until 1:40, From there on I don't remember too much, I don't know what time my sis went down as she was gone when I got back to the room. I know I couldn't rest properly until I knew my sis was ok, every time someone walked into the room I asked 'is my sis ok' I have no idea what time had passed between each question, it may have been minutes or only seconds I can't tell they probably got fed up of me asking, I however do not care!!!, then in she came being wheeled in on her bed, 'are you ok sis' and I heard a little moan which i had to translate...and it was, 'yes I am absolutely chipper' then we both went to sleep.

I am now pleased to be home and wrapped in the love of my family, feeling a bit silly about being so frightened, but hey! we have to get over these things.

I also want to thank all of you wonderful ladies that have left the most wonderful comments, it is so nice to see people I have never meet can be so caring, Thank you all again.

9 comments:

Nicola D said...

Hi Zena.

I'm so glad you are both fine. I have been worried about you both.

I wish you both great success in your weight loss.

I am a little jealous, coz I know it's going to work for you.

Nicola
(I work with your sister)

Dawn said...

Hi Zena,

Welcome to the losers bench. Glad you are well.

Take care of yourself,

Dawn
xx

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell...sorry I'm late!!! You caught me on a work week:) Early to bed and early to rise on work days!! Fantastic news!! Tell your sister to get the heat pack out for her shoulder...an explanation of why is on Dawn's blog...oh, and suck peppermints and drink pepperment tea...forgot to tell Dawn that one! How is your sister now? Much better I bet. Well, now it begins baby! Start walking that path to the new you. How exciting!! I am so pleased for you and it is great to hear you feel so good and not to banged up!! Take it easy for the first few days though.

Melanie said...

I'm so pleased it went well - how could it not for "the empress"!!
Take it easy and keep us posted on how you're getting along.
Cheers
Melanie

Tina :o) said...

Woo Hoo congratulations to you and your sister for becomming bandits!
So pleased to hear your both doing fine. I too had the shoulder tip pain and it was the pits.
Now is time for healing for you both. Take care and I to wish you both the best with your weight loss:O)
Cheers Tina

Dawn said...

Hi Zena,

I found that a wheat bag placed on my shoulder really helped. But the pain has gone now and I think the combination of stopping the fizzy painkillers, using the heat bag and doing a bit of walking has really helped to dispurse the wind.

I forgot to mention earlier, but better late than never... wishing you AND your sister the best journey.

;o)

xx

Anonymous said...

Welcome home - so good to hear you are both home and on the mend. I did that nodding off to sleep too - I think the anaesthetic really hit me.

If you can, both do little short walks - I found it helped with the shoulder tip and wind. The first few are total hit by the bus feeling - even going to the end of the driveway.

Welcome to the rollercoaster!

Unknown said...

You seem so upbeat! Thats brilliant! I love that you are got to stay in same room as your sister. Welcome to the other side!!!

Tracey said...

Hi there Zena, congrats on your banding. I am happy to read that you came out of the surgery pain free, it makes a difference if you are not in pain.

I hope to read all about your journey in the future.

Tracey