I am so happy and relieved to report that my sister (Sona) is feeling so much better today as far as the wind pain is concerned. So Thank you all for your wonderful advice, (again). I think I would panic if I had not received any comments from you, Panic-me-nooooo-never lol.
I think I have been more hungry today, or hungry on a more regular basis. it seems I eat my normal half a cup then an hour later I feel my stomach rumble again, the soup is going in but not staying lol.
I removed my main dressing today and had a proper shower it was bliss, but I have noticed I have a stitch poking out through my wound, if it's soluble then no problems, however if it's not then I don't know what to do about it, I will ring in the morning to see what I should do, Fingers crossed it's soluble!!! I don't fancy the long drive there just to get that sorted. Other than that my war wounds look very good, A bit itchy but that is to be expected as they are healing.
I wanted to try and describe how the band feels but the closest I could get to doing that is 'imagine the feeling of wearing tight trousers when you have had your Christmas dinner' it's like being tied up across your stomach.... this made me think how stupid I am as that is exactly what the band is lol oh well.
I spent the day with my sister as the kids were at school and Steve was at work, we didn't do anything except watch tv. we don't get the opportunity to do nothing often so we are making the most of recuperating, both still in our pj's, Well I have got to get my monies worth out of them as they are new (don't ya know) and hopefully they won't fit for long.
So that's it in the world of the Banded sister's......For the moment........
Sad Announcement
8 years ago

6 comments:
Hi Zena,
Glad that your sister is doing ok. It must have felt awful to feel ok when your sister felt bad.
It's weird, I still haven't felt real hunger. I feel a kind of need to eat, but when I think about food I then don't feel hungry. And then I get paranoid and panic, cos I'm thinking I'm supposed to eat 4-5 small 'meals' a day and if I'm not eating, then I'm not gonna fit them all in!
I was told today that the band isn't really effective yet and it wouldn't be until the first fill. So I am mostly confused, cos I do feel full when I eat - or should I say drink my meal. The advice I was given in relation to my diet was to stick to the fluids, but be careful of the calories as some yoghurt drinks (my choice for breakfast)are very high in calories.
I didn't have any dressing, Mr Super glued me shut. And he told me I could shower straight away - day after surgery. Which was a bonus!!
Take care
best wishes to you and Sona
Dawn
;o)
xx
Great news about your sister. Love the sisterly veg out. I watched the whole series of Sex and the City on DVD when I was recuperating! Such a guilty pleasure to lie around in one's jim-jams. Mel
So happy to hear your sister is feeling better...The band feeling is really hard to describe isn't it!? I have my first fill next week, but up until now I haven't felt really hungry...like, starving! Just feel like one third of what I would normally have eaten is ample....hope that feeling hangs around!
Hey Zena,
Its a good sign if you are hungry! It means you are healing!!
I had stiches sticking out....all normal!
Hi Zena
You will probably find that the tight feeling settles down in a few days - a lot of it is due to the swelling after the op. But the gurgling tummy is probably a friend for life. My sister was banded 3 years ago and she still has it - I think it is actually a sign your band is working,slowing down what gets thru. Be careful not to mistake it for hunger - I did that one night in the second week and paid the price bigtime!!
Hi Zena,
I am finally catching up on your blog!
This will so be me in a little over a week!
Bel
Post a Comment