I weighed in on Thursday and I have lost another 3 lb, Fantastic!!! I really didn't think I would have lost anything at all as my appetite seems to be returning to 'normal'. Again today I have had a hungry day, I am in danger of putting weight on this week and that will really piss me off as I will only have myself to blame, I need to get into a routine, like Bridget and eating breakfast. I do find it really hard to eat first thing in the morning even if I am hungry. I need to get myself sorted with meals, snacks and drinking, I am still not drinking enough and in this cold weather the last thing I want is a cold drink and I know just coffee is not good enough to be the only fluid intake I have all day, my lips are sore and chapped and I think it is because I am not drinking enough.
Get a grip Zena!!!! Damn it!!

Good news about the car, It's all sorted and is parked outside our house yipeeee it's lovely and a dream to drive, it's like gliding on ice lol. Renault grand scenic in red(nothing fancy) it has 7 seats like my last car which is very handy if the kids want to take a friend or if we go to see Steve's Dad and partner and all go out together,we just need to take the one car.
The weather here is FREEZING!!! we are going to have snow this week. I hate the cold brrr brrr shiver!!! it would be VERY strange to have Christmas in the middle of summer though, No snowmen... no little robins... no roasted chestnuts on an open fire LOL. I couldn't imagine going sunbathing on Christmas day or cooking a full roast and yorkshire puds with the full works and the sun beaming down.
Here is my Christmas Card to you all.
Merry Christmas xxx
I loved this and thought you would too.
'Twas the night before Banding, when all through my gut
not a morsel was stirring, not even a nut.
The suitcase was packed by the back door with care,
in hopes that a new me would soon return there.
I lay nestled, snug in my bed
while visions of calories danced in my head;
And me in my plus size pyjamas and wrap,
had just settled in for a long restless nap.
When deep in my mind there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my dreams to see what was the matter.
Away to my fridge I flew like a flash, ripped open the door and drooled at the stash.
The moonlight reflecting off the beautiful snacks
gave a lustre of radiance to all on the racks.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but an array of the comfort foods I hold so dear.
With a familiar feeling of all those I'd pick,
I thought in a moment I just might be sick.
More lovely than angels their voices they came,
and they whistled and shouted and called me by name;
"Now pizza, now french fries, now chocolate galore
on cheesecake, on ice cream, on donuts and more!"
From the tip of my tongue, to the bottom of my toe,
I will miss you all more than ever you'll know.
As an addict that shakes and stirs as he sits,
I'll mourn the loss of my delectable hits.
So back to my bed I went with great haste,
and settled back down with nary a taste.
And then in an instant, in pre-op I sat,
nervously waiting to no longer be fat.
As I sat deep in thought and adjusted my gown,
in came my surgeon in one single bound.
He was dressed all in scrubs, from his head to his feet
and he seemed very calm as he eyed me like meat.
He looked at my chart, with his scope gave a listen;
I don't think he noticed my eyes start to glisten.
He was chubby and plump he could lose some himself,
and I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
He spoke barely a word as he prepped for his work,
he paused for a moment, then turned with a jerk.
And laying a finger aside of his face,
and giving a nod, out of the room he did race.
He checked in the next day, to his students gave a whistle,
and away they all flew like a down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim as he walked out of sight,
"speedy thinness to you and a healthier life!"

5 comments:
Absolutely loved this post!! I stole the cat picture and I am going to put it up as my screensaver:) Loved the poem....loved everything.....might even love you!!!...oh, no....that would be stalking??? I am hungry too and worried I will put some weight on. Just keep trying your best and try and make good choices. I like hot blackcurrant juice....something like that maybe to get the fluids in? It seems so strange with you talking about winter. It is just starting to warm up here....Tassie is a bit colder than the other states, but we usually have a warm December then it starts getting really hot in late Jan & Feb. We will all have to post photos of our Christmas Days and laugh at me in summer clothes and you in winter clothes etc!!!
That is brilliant that poem!! Love it!
As for getting your fluids in, can you try green tea? I'm not sure if you like it, but at least it's warming! :)
Hi Zena, great news on the 3lb...wow!
I can't believe the extremes of weather we experience. Over where I am, it was 36 degrees celcius yesterday...The overnight minimum was 22. Think about what you would wear to bed in that heat!
We don't have hot lunches or dinner on Christmas day in our house, we have three or four different roasts cooked the day before and served with lots of different salads for lunch, then great big juicy tiger prawns with crusty bread and whatever is leftover from lunch for dinner. Usually spent in the pool with a black russian in the hand. [No, this isn't a person, it is a gorgeous drink!]
We made a snowman out of sand at the beach one year and used that for our christmas card. Everybody loved it!
Thanks for the cats and the poem, loved both of them.
Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Tracey
Hi Zena,
Great weight loss...whoopwhoop!
Loved the post, poems, cats, Christmas cheer...what more could we want?
To get my fluids in I replace one of my meals with soup...it still counts as fluid! Same with coffee, recent research has found that drinking tea and coffee (although both are diretics), still gives your body enough fluids. And they've found that you should drink when you are thirsty, and sometimes being thirsty feels like hunger.
So if your lips are dry, get yourself a chapstick, as it's probably the cold weather causing your lips to get dry.
;o)
Dawn
xx
Nola- Glad you like the pic, I stole it from google lol share and share alike is what I say. Thanks I didnt think to try hot blackcurrant, will give it a go. I love the idea about posting Christmas day pics!! we will have to do that for sure. Oh and you can stalk me if you like, I've been stalking you for ages LMAO.xxx
LapBandGirl- I have green tea when I am constipated lol works a treat but I hate it...Yuk! Thanks xxx
Tracey- I think roast served with salad is lovely, thats what we normally have on boxing day with loads of pickled onions and sauces.
The snowman made of sand sounds like an amazing christmas card, I would love to see it!.xxx
Dawn- I have heard before about the hunger and thirst feeling getting all mixed up, and FEW!! that coffee does count at least I am having some fluids. will get a chap stick, although I hate that greasy feeling..But will do it coz I know you are so right. xxx
Thanks for all your comments Gals!!
Post a Comment