YIPEEEEEEE !!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOO !!!!! It's booked, we are having it done on Thursday 6th November 2008. The hospital is beautiful, and felt very comfortable and professional. We arrived 2 hours early as we thought our appointment was 1:50 but was actually 2:50, but that was fine we would rather be there early than late.
We spoke to the lady on reception and she said it was no problem that we all go in together.... I say all as sona's Phil and my Steve was with us. We all sat down to wait and had a coffee, before we knew it we was being called in by the surgeon.
We all sat down and then he called Sona up to be weighed and check her height, He said Ahhh yes I see 7 stone 1lb LOL I thought that was sweet, he didn't want to say in front of the guy's, Then it was my turn and he laughed and said 'that's funny you weigh the same as your sister,' I know it may seem a little silly but it helped to put us all at ease. He asked the normal questions about medical history, allergies and have we dieted before you know the usual stuff, Then he went on to explain the opp, how it works and any kind of complications that could occur. He then went on to explain the yellow, green and red system of knowing your band and weather it needs a fill or not. He said the band is my friend and I will need to work with it.In view of it being my friend and just like Bridget (http://bridgetparker.blogspot.com/) and probably many others I too will be naming my band....But I have not yet thought of a name. We managed to ask all of our questions and he had very professional answers for all of them, He didn't mind the fact that I had already checked him out through the advice of my friend Nikki and that I had his full name and registration number. He is one of the leading surgeons in this field and this is his speciality. We all managed to have a bit of a laugh with him, Sona and I will have it done on the same day and should even be in the same room....... 'We want to be together' The only thing left to decide is who goes first... I suggested we do do rock paper scissors or toss a coin.
There that's it. All booked, now is just a waiting game, on the 6th november we will start our miky liquid diet to shrink our liver so to make surgery easier and less risk of damaging the liver.
So that's it for now, I think I will only post every few days untill nearer to surgery date.
Sad Announcement
8 years ago

1 comment:
hey there Xena,
i too will be getting banded , though not til next year, its a very exciting and scary process hey, though my excitment is outweighing my nerves lol.... enjoying reading ur blogs....feel free to check out mine any time ;)
Post a Comment