My Husband Steve, then left to right, Machela 12, Elyssa 9, and Aurora 13.
Did I mention how wonderful my family are, My husband is so supportive in everything I do, He loves me the way I am, every stretch mark and every bulge, I have alot of both, so that's alot of lovin !!!!!
My girls are also wonderful, sure a mum is supposed to think this and we all do think this of our kids and that's the way it should be, but it never ceases to amaze me how my children are also supportive of me too and are never embarrassed about my size NEVER!!!.
I have been so inspired reading every one's blog's, I have cried many tears too, of joy and sadness, also tears of laughter some are so funny, others are more serious but the message seems to be the same throughout and that is too carry on and follow your dream of being slim or slimmer, the good things totally out weigh the bad and all the people from blogs I have read are doing it, they are actually losing weight, these are people like me that have tried every diet known to man, and their weight is coming off, so it has got to be the right thing to do IT'S WORKING.
If ever I feel uninspired which I am sure will be quite often I will just have to remind myself to read read read and that is my advice to others to that may have slipped along the way, you may be thinking 'oh shes a good one to give advice and she is not even banded yet' well actually I do feel qualified as I know what it is like to fall off the wagon, I have done it soooooo many times in my life, this diet that diet and so on.
13 sleeps until banding, I think by that time I will have put on another stone, I just keep eating food like I will never have it again, I am afraid my work trousers wont fit by Monday, I still have 1 week to go before I start my pre-banding diet I will have to go to work in non-uniform stretchy trousers... OMG!!! the shame of it lol ...........I have been squeezing into these as it is no more room to expand. I have been hell bent on the fact that I am NOT I repeat NOT getting a lager size, NOT A HOPE!!.
But I am enjoying the guilt free eating, I feel justified as I know it will be a long time before I can eat those foods again (as a treat now and then maybe ok) It's like when you are pregnant.... WELL I AM EATING FOR 2 NOW.... Guilt free eating its like your subconscious taking a holiday packed it's bag's and gone and you have been let loose on the cupboard, no little voice in your head saying ' you shouldn't be eating this that's at least 5000 kcal, no! no! not a second one STOP STOP' The brakes aren't working !!!!!!
Only those of you that have been banded can tell what it feels like, I mean now when I am full I can always squeeze another bit of cake in or an extra yorkshire pudding, When I am banded how am I going to stop myself putting that extra bit in, how am I going to know when I am full, lets be honest that's what got me into this mess in the first place.I know if I eat too much the band could slip and I need to avoid that at all cost's, BUT HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN TO STOP? is it a different feeling? Oh my gosh I am getting myself into a bit of a PANIC now. URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE xxxx. If there is anyone there that wouldn't mind sparing a minute or 2 please leave a comment. Thank you.

4 comments:
Stop that panicking you dill !!! Oh, all right...panic!!!.... I did :) Firstly, I did exactly the same as you. Before my surgery I started eating enough for a third world country. Couldn't stop...oh well, what's the harm, I am going to be banded soon anyway! , type of thinking. I had more farking caramel cream tarts than you could poke a stick at....believe me!! I also know what you mean about still being able to eat more even when you feel full. I did that all the time and that is what got me to morbid obesity land in the first place! Now, after the band it is a different story. I'm not sure how to describe it to you....you just know and can't eat more. I am only a "newbie" at this and I am into my 2nd week of fluids.....but, I just cant believe that I don't want to eat!! I just had half a cup of mushroom soup.....and I feel like I have just had a big baked meal!!! I cant believe it!!! You feel full higher up than before the band...like up under your ribs more. God, this is hard to explain! I just wanted something in my mouth yesterday so I had one of those chupa chup lollypops. It kept me occupied for ages and I satisfied the "mouth" hunger. I just needed to "feel" something solid in my mouth I think!! Just don't panic about after. I swear to you it is going to be nothing like you expect. Easier in fact. Go read my food diary so far....that will give you an idea of what I am eating at the moment. I will keep it updated for a few months yet for "newbies" like yourself to have a look at. I was like you...I read, and read and read before banding and soaked up everything I could. Maybe I read too much....I think I did. I tended to focus on some of the negative stuff people said...when really, everyone is different and copes differently. You are like me and have fantastic family support....so I think half your battle is won!! I will put your blog on my favourites too by the way. Hopefully someone else might read it and give you some more reassurance! Just stop panicking....know what you are feeling is very, very normal and we all thought those things at one time or another and just go with the flow would be my advice. You are about to do something wonderful for yourself!!!
Thanks Nola, your advice has helped enormously and put me at ease, it's like having blind faith.I was fine when I started the blog but by the time I got to the end I was 'panic stricken' LOL I think I typed myself into it.I am more excited than worried, Not excited about the opp itself but about after when I am in the 'zone' with my head and stomach being in sync for once instead of my head or my stomach always telling each other I am hungry and the other isnt really.
Thanks Nola, I am sorted and back on track, FOR NOW anyway LOL.
Zena xx
What Nola said is pretty spot on in my experience. But as you can tell from reading the blogs of people who've been banded for a while, we're still angsting over how much or little we're eating. Basically use the "no more than a cup of food at a sitting" rule - frankly most of the time I'm happy with that. It's funny to be last to finish dinner even though I've got the smallest serving.
Well Nola and Melanie have said it all very well. So i would just like to add that you have a gorgeous family no wonder you are so proud of them:O)
Take Care and everything will be just fine.
Cheers Tina
Post a Comment