I am so over Thursday's Little weight gain.....I have had my fill !!!
Yesterday was such a wonderful day,
6 am woke up to Mika playing on my alarm (I love Mika, and into Kate perry at the moment too, you know the song 'I kissed a girl') I jumped into the shower, well..... stumbled anyway, woke hubby up as he was coming with us too, we got ready then I woke the kids to let them know we are leaving and we are going to be gone for most of the day. By this time my Sis and Phil had arrived to pick us up as my Sis was going to drive. So off we go and I am so excited as I am going to meet Dawn (scrumybits) and her hubby Steve, also sooooo excited about having the fill it is so much needed!
It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get there and the roads were very clear. Parking was a bit rubbish though nevertheless, we went in and was sent to x-ray, It was amazing I had to stand up leaning on a vertical bed, he put the x-ray machine in front of me and I looked at the screen... I could see the band, which is in the right position, I could see the port and the tube connecting them, I could see my spine it is not often we get the opportunity to actually see into our own body! The bed then started to move into the horizontal position so then I was laying down, He lined up the needle with the port, did a couple of checks from different angles then pushed the needle in, this hardly hurt at all I was very surprised, He filled the band and I had to drink this very thick chalky liquid that tasted a little like bubble gum at first then was Yukkie! (my sis liked the taste) as it went down you could actually see it and he took a little fluid out of the band and then you could see it slowly move through into the big stomach. I had to drink again so he could do his final check. It was amazing I love to see things like this and when it's your own body WOW!!!! They then moved the bed back into vertical, that was very odd as you can feel gravity kicking in again and I was clinging on for dear life until the nurse told me to move my feet forward lol 'oh yeah that's better!'
I then had to sit in the waiting room and drink a cup of water before I left to make sure there as no major problems, he came out and gave me a piece of paper and said I was to take it with me when next I get a fill in case I go somewhere else, I had 4.5ml in my 7.5ml band. I now have to have liquids for the next three days and then mushie for three days after that.
I was on such a high after that I really felt like I am on my way now! this is it and weight loss here I come Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Then my Sisters turn, all went well for her too although there is a little problem, her port has twisted a little and she had to maneuver on to her side before he could line it up, he said its not a major problem, as she loses weight it should settle into place, but this may be a slight problem when she next gets a fill if it is done without and x-ray. We both wondered if it moved due to all of the vomiting she did directly after surgery?
We all sat in main reception to wait for Dawn and Steve, I sent Dawn a quick text to let her know all went well and she replied saying she was only ten minutes away. After a couple of phone calls and a little detour around the scenic route Dawn and Steve arrived....Dawn walked through the door and after I realised it was actually her we had a big HUG! We all HUGGED it was great. We was chatting non stop and Dawn gave us a lovely gift each, That was so sweet and thoughtful thank you Dawn. Dawn went to get her fill done and after guess where we all decided to go? for a meal of course LOL, we went to a nice little pub (The five bells) not far from the hospital, Us three ladies had carrot and coriander soup, I must admit it was very tasty but I didn't feel full after like I thought I would, we tried to not look to much at the guy's who had fried breakfast and toast and bread and ham egg and chips and all a little too happy to eat it all in front of us too LOL, I am so happy to finally meet you Dawn and Steve you are both fantastic with a wonderful sense of humor! the power of the internet will never cease to amaze me like so many other things, the power to bring people together in such a positive way.We have promised to meet in a few months.
Here we all are......( I nicked this picture from Dawn's blog as I forgot my camera and the pictures taken were on Sona's camera) Thanks for the pic Dawn tee hee hee ;0)

I don't yet know how good the restrction is, maybe when I am on solid food I will have a better idea.
.

9 comments:
Such a big difference in the procedures!! I just get up on the bed and do the half sit-up thing and Dr Dreamy puts the fill in. Then drink water before I go...and all done!! I would like to see my x-ray and have a look at the band though. We don't have to do liquids or mushies after a fill either...,.weird!! I am off tomorrow for my 2nd fill...hopefully I will feel some restriction this time!! Fantastic to meet Dawn and her husband...you are right about this internet thing...it is amazing and we make so many new friends...even if we don't get to meet them in person, they still feel like friends....like YOU!! So glad it all went well.
Hiya,
it was a great day...meeting you and your family, chatting to like minded people. And you are right the internet is a wonderful place!!!
good luck over the next three days, then it's look out stomach - real food is a coming.
xx
Nola- I think we only had the x-ray so the surgen could sign us off. We had a fill at the same time as it was easier I am so pleased we did as he could actually see the restriction, Hopefully it's enough, I must admit I am finding it hard to stick to the liquids I am hungry and diying to know how good the restriction is with proper food. I am tempted to eat as I know you don't have to follow the rules our surgeon sets so it really must be ok to do that, I was reading mindyntexas blog and she has:
3 days clear fluid
3 days liquid
3 days Mushie
3 days semi solid.
and that is only after a fill.
Good luck with your secon fill, I hope you find your 'sweet spot' this time.
Dawn- I really am thinking about starting normal food, I am hungry and my kitchen is upside down the builders didn't turn up this morning 'crossed wires' apparently, they are not coming till tomorrow. so will have to eat out tonight, or sandwiches. ohhhh I know, just excuses!!!!!
xxxxxxxxx
Gosh, my doctor just whacks the needle in and off I go after a quick drink. I can eat the same night if I want. Just think of the weight loss in the next few days!
Well, all things considered.....I don't think it would hurt to eat solid food...or at least mushies! Me and Mel obviously have no ill effects!!!
Nola- I think I must have read your mind, I had cottage pie loved it and LOVED the restriction, Yipeeeeeeeeeee. I felt full and didn't need to eat the whole thing!
Zenaxx
Hiya,
I'm finally feeling a bit better after a couple of day shpping. I too am eating. I've tried to eat 'softer' foods lke risotto and a jacket potato (with tuna and left the skin ) but like you, I wasn't using my kitchen as we were out and about. I like the restiction too. Haven't had any pain, but I like the feeling of feeling full.
;o)
xx
Oh and I lost 2lbs this week, which is great concidering the burger I had on Friday!!!
Good to see you happy again!
How wonderful that you were able to meet each other!!! Thanks for the play by play of your first fill. I haven't had my first fill yet and I'm nervous for the pain.
Post a Comment