Thursday, 8 January 2009

Booked!!!!!

As you know I said in my last blog I was 'content' Well..... not any more. I have been feeling hungry for the past few days and I am thinking I was only feeling 'content' as I had been ill (did I tell you all I was a little ill??)and did not have my full appetite back, But now it's back for sure!!!!! So, Sis and I are BOOKED for our second fill on the 23rd January, I would have liked it sooner as I am the type that when my mind is made I like to do it NOW, Alas.......I will wait and be very good and not be a spoiled Brat!!! although it is difficult LOL. The reason we have to wait so long is due to the fact that they only hold a clinic once a month, if I want to travel further I could go get one now, but I would rather only travel 20 miles to get it done and that's that!!!.

My weigh in today is..... 16 stone 10 lb, which is what I was the other day and I said I didn't want to trust that weight just yet, But today is the same.

Start weight........18 st 5lb
today's weight......16 st 10lb
loss to date...........23lb (in 8 weeks)

You know what....that's not bad, That's an average of 2.8 lb per week. So I know that this band is doing it's magic or by now I would have gained even more than my starting weight. I do want to feel the restriction though, I am using a certain amount of will power and to be honest in the past my will power tends to dessert me after a while, so band and a little will power working together has got me here....23lb lighter, That can only be a good thing!.That makes me happy as I have not once had to starve myself, so my portions have gotten smaller and I am learning to STOP when I an full, My band and I are a team as long as she does her bit I will try to do mine. I am risking sounding a little Corny now but what the hell...whatever gets you through eh?.

I have had a few cravings, I am not sure if reading everyone else's blogs are good, I wasn't craving sweet things and then I read other's who are then hey presto! so am I, I think I am coming out in sympathy LOL, like a husband would for his pregnant wife. LMAO.

Thoughts have also been crossing my mind about getting the Wii fit out, That's as far as I have gone with that, just thoughts at the moment. My house is STILL upside down, I know that I will only benefit from doing exercise but can't seem to motivate myself with all this going on in the house, They will be finished soon and I can't wait. and I can't wait to see the weight loss on the Wii fit compared to the last time I weighed on it.

10 comments:

Lonicera said...

Zena, I'm soooo envious... I started at 18st and have lost 16lbs, and 14 of those was because the surgeon scared the hell out of me before the op. So that's a royal two pounds imperial since 17th December. Don't all clap at once. I need to know what a fill feels like... Mine is 28/1, 3 weeks away...
Caroline

Dawn said...

Hi Zena,

I'm booking in tomorrow for my next fill. I need some restriction as I need to loose some of this weight!!

thanks for the chat today. x

:o)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the 2nd fill....I am hanging out for my 3rd one now!! That is on the 31st January. Ah well, like you said...have to work with that willpower a bit longer. I want a WII fit too....waahhhhh. I just can't justify spending the money on one at the moment with all this renovating going on at my house. What are you having done?...a kitchen or something wasn't it? Boy, we are all so impatient aren't we? Just look at what we have all lost so far and like you said, we would have put it on otherwise!! Sook, sook, sook. Oh, were you sick?? I don't recall you saying so!!!!...lol
I put that post back on by the way:)
I have a mixed playlist on at the moment and it is playing "Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?".......lol...let's make that our theme song!!

LapBandGirl said...

The in between bit is really hard, when you're filled but haven't reached your sweet spot. Hope the next fill gets you there!! But you're doing really well so far!! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Zena,
I've been so slack with reading ppls blogs. Im on top of it tonight though!!
Its good you know when to book a fill and are monitoring it, best to stay ahead of the band I find!!
You're doing really well!!

oozyxena said...

Caroline- You have lost on average 2lb per week since banding, and you know when you have restriction you WILL undoubtedly lose more, I understand what you are saying but we really must turn things into a positive, 16lb you will never have to see again.... not like before, lose weight...gain weight. How much weight would you normally have put on over the Christmas period?
We ARE doing so very well, I am proud of us all.

Dawn- When is your next fill? Have you booked it yet? I found out when I booked our fills we have 10cc bands. I don't know whats going on with it! LOL

Nola- Will power is great but if yours is like mine, don’t guarantee on it lol it will ditch you next time a caramel tart comes along...fickle or what?
I love the Wii fit, just got to use it more!.
We had a flood in the kitchen and my walls, cupboards and floors downstairs need replacing. It all takes so BLOODY long!!! This time next year we should all be as slim as the pussycat doll's, 'don't ya' think? Their song would be great as our theme song!

Lapbandgirl- yes is is hard isn't it? But we will be there soon, Thanks.

Bridget- I think that's good advice, try to stay a step ahead of the band. I am so excited about my fill!!! Lol

oozyxena said...

Caroline- Actually Carloine, I stand corrected..... your average is 4lb per week!!!!!!! BLOODY HELL !!!!!!! (since banding).

Lonicera said...

Zena - nice of you to turn it into a success story, but I lost 14lbs on the crash diet over the three weeks BEFORE being banded on 17th Dec, & only 2 lbs since. Still - as you all keep saying, this is a totally new road we're travelling down & it'll all come right in the end. Blogging with people of like mind on this subject is better than any therapy. I so appreciate all the positive comments.
Caroline

Tina :o) said...

In between fill can be so hard to handle. That hunger can really get a hold. But hang in there you can do this. It will happen. You have been doing so well and you will continue to lose weight. Stay positive and hang in there Zena. It is so worth it! Keep on posting the support can really help with your motivation:O)

Cheers Tina

fitnessbandit said...

There are two things I am not looking forward to in this whole process....

PB'ing & the hunger between fills and getting that right balance!

You are doing great Zena! 2.8 a week is fantastic!!! Keep up the great work

Bel