Sunday, 6 September 2009

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is it, it's finally doing what it should be doing, It's only bloody working !!!!!!

I have had another fill, I have found the right spot and I am losing the pounds again. My weight this morning was 14 stone 9lb which sports a total loss of 52lb Oh My Goodness can you believe it?

I have really noticed a Huge difference this fill, last time everything I ate just seemed to hurt me, Now however, I eat a very small portion and I just feel full, absolutely no mistake about it I am full and satisfied, NO PAIN..... just fullness and the fullness lasts. My pouch capacity is probly less than half a cup, and I am totally satisfied the difference has me totally gobbed-smacked, all those months I was plodding on dealing with the pain and confused about the pain and the amount i was eating, I felt as I have pain then surly I don't need a fill as it will only make it worse.... Not so..... it is now clear cut to me as clear as black is black and white is white no shades of gray and no more confusion.

How do you know when enough fill is enough and not too much? Simple, if you can swallow liquid and it goes down (albeit a bit of a struggle) then you are filled enough, if liquid wont go down at all then it is a little too much, it is a fine line, I was worried at first that maybe I had to much fill as water was going down but rather slow, I was told by the nurse 'Nonsense- if water is going down then you are fine, stay on soup for a couple of days' So there you have it. I feel I am at that point where yes the water goes down but it is slow and I think maybe it takes my pouch 5 mins to empty of water so it is slow. my fill is such that at first I was contemplating getting a little taken out but I am so pleased I stuck with it.

I have not been blogging lately for a number of reasons, one of those reasons is I had no band news to report as I had not lost any weight in quite a while, on the good side I have not put on weight either but still I had pain and no weight loss and was eating far too much even though it was not as much as before banding. It occurred to me that although I had not put any weight on this was not right so I took a chance and booked in for a fill, when I arrived was greeted with a hug as usual from the lovely Emma and was reassured that I was doing the right thing and was told I should have done it a couple of months ago, when you stop loosing GET A FILL!!!. I have said before that I have found my 'sweet spot' but no, now I truly know this is the sweet spot, the difference is amazing, I had read stories in magazines where people have lost 5 stone in 5 months and so on, I was feeling inadequate and feeling a total failure what's wrong with me that I have not lost 100 million stone and all these people have, I was still having so much pain every time I ate. I am treating these wasted months as a learning curve. Lesson learnt!

5 comments:

Lonicera said...

WELCOME BACK ZENA!!!!!!! So glad you've reached your sweet point, and I'll try very hard not to feel envious, cos I still haven't, and I'm at 9 and a quarter ml...
Much appreciate the note on my blog, I heaved a sigh of relief that you're OK. Whatever else is going on, it really gives your spirits a lift to see the weight coming off, doesn't it? Well done on losing all that weight!
And PLEASE blog more often....?
Caroline

KrysTros said...

Thank you for posting that. I just had surgery 2 wks ago and I am always wondering so many things that the doctors just can't answer, because they are not living with the band! Keep blogging and I'll keep reading!-K.T. http://krystros.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I thought we had lost you!!!!! Don't wait so long between posts this time ya tart!!!!
You have no idea how happy that made me to read what you just said! I have been thinking exactly that....if it hurts I must not need a fill....God, thank you for posting that. I can't wait to get back to Dr Dreamy now!!!
You sound great and happy...yayyyyyy Now don't go missing again!

Jim said...

Congratulations!

You don't know me. I was browsing through blogs and I read your post.

I had gastric bypass surgery a few years back and went from almost 400lbs to 150lbs.

Just wanted to say, that the complications you have gone through are normal and to not lose faith when they happen.

Keep up the good work....and again, congratulations on your progress.

oozyxena said...

Lonicera-(Caroline) even though you have 9 and a quater ml in your band, I am wondering if maybe another .25ml would make a hugh difference? I am thinking maybe it just might. I have heard that the more you have the less you need if that makes sense? I don't know, i just wish you had this sweet point. I am sure you will find it and when you do oh boy oh boy you will know it. You are right my spirits have been lifted, i am on top of the world at the moment and having a great weight loss IS responsable. I LOVE IT!!!
xx

KrysTros- Thank you for your comment, I left you a message on your blog, I look forward to reading more from your blog.
xx

Nola- No you have not lost me just yet LOL. After reading your blog it sounded as we were going through the same thing band wise. I reckon after your next fill you will find such a big difference, I can't wait for you to have it done.
xx

Just another day in paradise- WOW 250lb lost thats amazing! Thankyou for the congrat's it's easy to keep the faith when all is going well. I need it when things have gone belly up!!! LOL

P.S Congratulations right back at you! 250lb WOW
xx